Rhinoplasty is a cosmetic procedure used to change the shape and appearance of a person's nose. These operations are done after injuries, for correcting congenital conditions, Birth defects or just to make a better harmony between the nose and other parts of the face. Septoplasty meaning is The procedure which is done to correct a deviated septum especially when patients have problems in breathing. This procedure may be performed alone or as part of a rhinoplasty.
Who Can Undergo Rhinoplasty or Septoplasty?
If you are not satisfied with your nose appearance and think your nose doesn't fit your face you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty.
Sometimes rhinoplasty candidates are patients who suffer injuries which are mostly happened in their childhood and because of that their nose developed abnormal growth.
Some patients suffer from congenital defects such as cleft lip, craniosynostosis, frontonasal dysplasia, Tessier clefts, Treacher Collins syndrome, Apert syndrome, hemangiomas, and vascular malformations so they are candidates too.
But children who need to have a rhinoplasty need to have finished growing. This is typically in the mid-teenage years for girls and late teenage years for boys.
How are Patients Evaluated for Rhinoplasty or Septoplasty?
Like all kinds of surgeries, rhinoplasty candidates should undergo evaluation by their plastic or aesthetic surgeon. Your doctor will concentrate on all medical conditions you might have. This evaluation includes a complete examination of the outside and inside of your nose. The most important parts are about breathing problems, sinus problems, history of nasal injuries, and any allergic reactions. A full set of facial photographs, including a 3D image of the face will be taken to help with planning the operation.
The plastic surgeon's goal of rhinoplasty is to create a well-shaped nose that fits the patient's face well. When patients have a small chin, a genioplasty may also be beneficial to improve the proportions of their nose and face.
What Should I Expect After Having Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Depending on the patient's condition they will go home after the operation or may remain in the hospital for a night. Patients will also have cast on their nose and nasal splints or packing inside their nose.
Cast will be removed one week following the surgery and packing is removed several days after surgery. Antibiotics are consumed during the time patients will have packing inside their noses. Inside incisions are closed with absorbable stitches. The incision across the base of the nose which is called the columella will be closed with removable stitches that will be removed 7 days after surgery.
Patients experience degrees of difficulty breathing after rhinoplasty especially when splints or packing is in place. Patients should not be afraid of having bloody drainage for a few days after surgery. A pad under your nose will clean that area. Patients have to sleep with an elevated head and avoid strenuous activity or heavy lifting during their recovery time.
Regular activities may be done six weeks after the operation.
Patients may develop bruising under the eyes if the nasal bones are repositioned. This typically resolves in 1-2 weeks.
What are Septoplasty costs?
• Consultation with plastic or aesthetic surgeon –$100 to $500 for the first visit to discuss patient's options. Individuals will have to pay this fee even if they decide not to have this operation.
• Surgeon’s fees – usually between $5,000 to $ 15,000, depending on the procedures which are done. The fee will include pre and post-operative care. Fees will vary depending on the experience and qualifications of the surgeon and the techniques required to achieve the patient's expectations.
• Anaesthetist’s fees –mostly $1600 to $2400 – based on the related anesthetic time.
• Hospital costs – generally $5000 but depends on hospital and facilities. Most of this cost is for the utilization of the operating theatre plus the bed fee which includes the patient's recovery from the anesthesia. If rhinoplasty surgery requires an overnight stay in the hospital, the costs will be higher.
• Any medical tests used for evaluation before or after the surgery, such as blood tests or CT scans if required will all be additional costs.
If you want to know more, you can read Why Rhinoplasty in Iran
ERMATEB'S medical tourism group has fascinating options for you. You can have your operation in the best hospitals with the most novel methods at unbelievable prices. Iran is a very powerful country in aesthetic procedures. A lot of scientists are working on new techniques to satisfy patients. You should not be afraid of costs because ERMATEB will suggest a variety of choices that you can decide among.
We will manage whatever you need and try for your satisfaction. If you have any problems or questions about any medical condition contact ERMATEB'S experts.
ERMATEB'S experts will answer all of your questions free as soon as possible, just contact us:
Visit our Twitter:
Follow us on Instagram:
Contact us via Email: