Different procedures are done to add the volume of the cheeks and lift them. These procedures are called cheek augmentation.
This procedure is suggested for patients who are unsatisfied with volume loss of cheeks and sagging caused by aging. Some patients are skinny and their cheeks are thin and flat they are the other group of cheek augmentation volunteers. In general, everyone who wants to do cheek surgery can also read this article about Cheek Surgery.
Cheek augmentation can be a highly individualized procedure because of its effect on the self-confidence of each patient who is very sensitive about appearance. Although most people can be a candidate for this procedure and there are no specific prohibitions, it's mostly preferred for patients with realistic expectations.
Generally, you are a good candidate if you have at least one of the conditions described below :
• You are physically healthy and at a stable weight
• You have realistic expectations not imaginary
• You are a nonsmoker or at least someone who can monitor smoking for long periods
• You are bothered by the appearance of your cheeks and it has affected your self-confidence
• You have cheeks that appear too flat, thin, or saggy
If you want to be sure about your realistic expectations, try to review the cheeks augmentation photos and learn what to expect. You can talk with your doctor about your desired goals and expectations.
The costs are according to the American Society of plastic surgeons.
The average cost was about $3,670 during 2020. This cost does not embrace all the fees during your procedure and you should add up the cost of anesthesia, operating room, facilities, and other related expenses. You can check the final fee in your determination with your plastic surgeon. Be careful about your surgeon's fee because it depends on the experience, type of chosen procedure, and ...
Many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans for cheek augmentation, so be sure to ask.
Cheek augmentation is a cosmetic procedure and because of this, it's not under the coverage of insurance.
• Surgeon's fee
• Hospital or surgical facility costs (depending on the desired procedure)
• Anesthesia fees
• Prescriptions for medication
• Medical tests and x-rays
Be aware and remember that the surgeon's experience and your comfort with him or her and the success percentage of procedures are just as important as the final cost of the surgery.
During your consultation session you will discuss each of these:
• Your surgical goals and expectations
• Medical conditions, drug allergies, and medical treatments ( your medical history)
• Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use(your drug history)
• Previous surgeries( your past medical history)
• Evaluating your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
• Examine your face and area's procedure
• Taking photographs of the different sides of your face
• Discussing your options and recommending a course of treatment options
• Discuss likely outcomes of cheek augmentation surgery and any risks or potential complications
Ask whatever is in your mind and remember you are in a consultation session
You can utilize this checklist.
• Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery? (You have to trust your surgeon this may help you to be more relaxed)
• What specific training do you have in cheek augmentation techniques and how it will work? (Most experienced plastic surgeons utilize their specific methods which may help you better)
• How many years of plastic surgery training have you had? (in all cosmetic procedures it's important to have an experienced surgeon)
• Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals? Where and how will you perform my procedure? (This is important for two reasons; first of all the facilities and secondly your hospital fee)
• Am I a good candidate for this procedure? (try to examine all factors of a good candidate)
• What will be expected of me to get the best results? (to have realistic expectations)
• Where and how will you perform my procedure?
• What surgical technique is recommended for me? (finding out the best option)
• How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery? (how to reduce recovery time)
• What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
• How are complications handled? (be aware and get ready for the possibilities)
• How can I expect my cheeks to look over time? (is it permanent)
• What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the outcome? (cause the unsuccessful results are possible)
• Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?
• Why would I choose a surgical option versus a nonsurgical one?
• Anesthesia risks
• Blindness (a rare complication of fat transfer)
• Cheek implant displacement
• Deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications
• Fatty cysts
• Fatty tissue found deep in the skin might die (fat necrosis)
• Fluid accumulation (seroma)
• Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
• Persistent pain
• Poor aesthetic result of donor site for fat transfer
• Poor healing of incisions
• Possibility of revisional surgery
• Skin discoloration and/or prolonged swelling
• Skin loss
• Suboptimal aesthetic result
• Thick scar tissue around cheek implant (capsular contracture)
• Unfavorable scarring
As it was mentioned in the article one of the most crucial decisions is about your plastic surgeon and methods. We provide you brilliant options in ERMATEB'S group. Our team provides unbelievable options for all types of cosmetic procedures. You can have a consultation with top plastic surgeons in Iran completely free. It's really valuable for ERMATEB'S team that patients will choose our team after comparison with all other medical tourism teams. You are free to search and ask about whatever you want and then choose.
Contact ERMATEB'S professional experts who try to answer all of your questions in all medical fields as soon as possible, just contact us:
Visit our Twitter:
Follow us on Instagram:
Contact us via Email: