You can find the answer to your questions about Jawline surgery here:
Jawline surgery or orthognathic surgery is a type of operation that can reshape the jaw and chin. It is sometimes used to reduce the size of the jaw bone for creating a slimmer appearance of the chin. Totally all operations which try for enhancing or defining jaw bone appearance are called jawline surgery. Some patients whose jawbone and teeth are not working well are the other candidates for jawline surgery. Depending on the surgery type the costs are different but averagely it can cost from $6,500 to $56,000. These surgeries are mostly done for aesthetic purposes so insurance will not cover the operation costs. The patients who are not satisfied with their jaw and chin appearance or having pain associated with TMJD, or aren’t satisfied with the look of Botox on the jawline, maybe a good candidates for jawline surgery.
The age of patients is very important because they should be fully grown because the jaw bone can shift with growth.
• For most jawline operations, patients will be put under general anesthesia because it is a type of major procedure.
• Cuts are typically made inside of the patient's mouth, so there’s no obvious and visible scarring.
• If your jaw or teeth are misaligned, they will be cut and then repositioned.
• Tiny bone plates, screws, and wires or rubber bands may be used to secure the jaw in its place. The screws are permanent and will integrate into the jaw over time.
• If the patient is getting a jaw reduction, a small incision will be made inside your mouth between the gum and the cheek.
• The surgeon will use a laser or a micro saw to shave off part of the jaw bone.
The procedure is done by shaving the jaw bone in order to reduce the jaw size. A jaw reduction process is focused on the back areas of the jaw by the ears. It can help to smooth any protrusions and give the face an overall slimmer appearance.
For creating a sharper jaw appearance and more pronounced natural chin look, chin implants are good choices but the types of the surgery are completely different.
Each patient should know that the costs of procedures can vary from $6,500 to $56,000 depending on your condition, your desired goals, your chosen team, your chosen hospital, and etc.
During your healing process, you are not able to go to work and the healing process will take time about 12 weeks and then you can have all your routine works. However the full rehabilitation takes time about 12 weeks, you can back to work within 1 to 3 weeks.
If the reason for your operation is not the cosmetic goal (because chewing or swallowing is painful, or to correct other health problems) the costs will be covered by your insurance company.
Jawline surgery targets the areas including jaw, chin, and teeth. It can be performed on the upper or lower jaw, or both, depending on the patient's needs and desired goals of the operation.
Like all types of surgeries, jawline surgery can come with some risks and side effects like:
The most common cause of death after jaw surgery is respiratory problems, such as airway obstruction and dyspnea which may occur. Respiratory complications can occur during or after orthognathic surgery. To prevent these complications, a thorough understanding and preparation for these complications are necessary.
Like most cosmetic or medical surgeries it's completely normal to have facial swelling after jaw bone surgery. Depending on the patient's condition and type of surgery the patient will be hospitalized for a few days.
The surgeon will teach the patients useful instructions about different situations like what’s safe to eat and drink, what type of painkillers patients can take, how to sleep without disrupting the jaw, and when the patient can return to work or school.
You have to avoid smoking or doing strenuous activities or exercises after the operation. Once the swelling is gone, you will see results quickly and they are permanent, though you may still need braces to align your teeth with your new jaw shape.
• Depending on the type of jawline surgery, patients may have braces placed on their teeth 12 to 18 months prior to align their teeth before surgery.
• More immediately before jawline operation, patients will want to prepare for their hospital stay, which may be as long as 2 to 4 days.
• Patients should be sure they pack a bag with things to keep them entertained, and if their surgery does not require an overnight stay, arrange for someone to pick them up.
• The doctor will likely ask the patient to stop smoking before their surgery or to avoid certain medications.
• If you’re having facial feminization surgery, you may also be asked to go off hormones in the weeks before and after your procedure.
Where to choose for operation?
You can read all the necessary information about jawline surgeries on ERMATEB'S website. We are happy to provide all necessities for ERMATEB'S beloved patients in all medical and cosmetical fields. ERMATEB is a professional medical tourism group that works in Iran where is the most powerful pole in the world. ERMATEB'S honor is the patient's trust. You can compare our offers and the costs with all other medical tourism teams all over the world. For sure you will choose ERMATEB. ERMATEB'S experts will answer all of your questions free as soon as possible, if you think there is some information left to answer on ERMATEB'S website just contact us:
Visit our Twitter:
Follow us on Instagram:
Contact us via Email: