Rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic procedures that is gaining popularity all over the world and is performed many times every day. The reason for the popularity of this practice is to increase beauty, attractiveness and self-confidence in people. One of the influential factors in the number of applicants for this surgery is ethnic characteristics, nationality, and cultural and social reasons. Rhinoplasty reduces the size of the nose, changes the shape, narrows the tip of the nose or upper parts, and reduces its height. Also, one of the benefits of this surgery is changing the angle between the nose and the lips, the result of which is called the upper head nose.
nose rhinoplasty is a procedure that men and women of all ages tend to perform from the past to the present. This cosmetic surgery must be performed by an ear, nose and throat surgeon. nose rhinoplasty in Iran dates back to the 1940s and the first postoperative rhinoplasty was performed by a group of ENT specialists.
Every year, half a million people who are interested in improving the appearance of their nose seek out nose rhinoplasty consultation with plastic surgeons. Some complain of their congenital and inherited nose, and others complain of changes in their nose over time and aging, but others have difficulty breathing or have their nose damaged by trauma. nose rhinoplasty can improve the appearance and fit of the nose and increase coordination between the limbs and increase a person's self-confidence. It may also correct breathing problems and abnormalities caused by trauma or birth defects. This type of surgery can change the size of the nose, bridge of the nose, tip of the nose and nostrils.
• People whose facial development is complete. Surgery is generally performed on people 18 years of age and older.
• People who are physically healthy.
• People who do not smoke.
• People who have a realistic expectation that their appearance will improve.
In nose rhinoplasty, the doctor tries to solve the cosmetic problems of the person's nose, which are mentioned below:
• Unusual tip of the nose In some people, one side of the tip of the nose is different from the other. For example, one side of the nose may be larger, smaller, or sideways. The shape of the tip of the nose is mainly related to the underlying cartilage.
• Crooked nose: A crooked nose is caused by a misalignment of the nasal bones or nasal septum in the midline of the face, which results in the nose tilting to one side.
• Wide nose: A wide nose can be caused by the thick skin around the nose or the shape of its bony structure.
• Nose size: Most large noses have a bony structure so they are easy to deform. Of course, you should not expect the surgeon to have a very small nose. Some people may also have enlarged noses later in life, for example due to advanced stages of rosacea. In these cases, nose rhinoplasty is more necessary to reshape it.
• Small nose: Not everyone wants a smaller nose. Your bridge of the nose may be broken by accident or you may have a very small nose by nature, in which case you will look prettier as you get bigger.
• Long nose: The long nose usually looks normal from the front, but its height is quite obvious when someone looks at you from the profile. The surgeon can reduce the length of the nose by reducing the length of the underlying cartilage, shortening the nasal septum, or removing the skin inside the nostrils.
• Having a hump in the nose: Bumps on the nose are the result of nasal or genetic damage. Nasal protrusions occur for any type and shape of nose.
• Nostrils: This condition is more prevalent in certain races, which is why it is often referred to as ethnic rhinoplasty.
• Sagging tip of the nose or low angle of the nose
• Asymmetry in the nose
Use medications for your comfort during surgery. Depending on your doctor, intravenous analgesics or general anesthesia are recommended.
Nose Rhinoplasty is performed in two ways, closed and open. In the closed method, all incisions are made inside the nose. In the open method, an incision is made across the columella (the thin skin between the two nostrils).
Most incisions are made inside the nose, but in some cases a small external incision is needed. Using these techniques, the skin that covers the bones and cartilage of the nose slowly rises, allowing the surgeon to reshape the nose.
• Reshaping the structure of the nose
The size of a large nose may be reduced by removing bone and cartilage. Sometimes nose rhinoplasty may require cartilage transplantation. For this purpose, most of the cartilage of the middle septum of the nose is used. Sometimes the ear cartilage or rarely a part of the rib cartilage can be used.
• Correction of nasal septal deviation
If the septum is deviated, this deviation can be smoothed out and the bulges inside the nose reduced to improve breathing.
• Close the cut
When the underlying structure of the nose changes in a desirable way, the skin of the nose and the tissue are sutured and the incisions are closed. To change the size of the nose, additional incisions may be made in the natural folds of the nasal cavities.
Airways and splints protect the operated nose for several days until the nose begins to heal.
Nose Rhinoplasty is performed with two methods, open and closed.
In the open method (OPEN): In this method, in which a small incision is made in the columella area and the skin of the nose is pulled up, the surgeon will have easier access and more maneuverability.
In the closed method (CLOSE): In this method, no incision is made on the skin and all surgical procedures are performed with incisions given inside the nose.
Usually, the steps that are performed in nose rhinoplasty include: anesthesia, incision, reshaping of the nasal structure.
Recovery period after nose rhinoplasty: Usually a person needs to rest for up to a week, but this time varies between people. Sometimes some people recover in less than this time. In order for the person to get through this period as soon as possible. Should They should avoid a few things like swimming, solar, smoking, hookah and strenuous exercise.
The recovery process after nose rhinoplasty surgery has two stages:
Step One : Initial Recovery
Visible swelling and bruising occur immediately after surgery. The effects subside within two to four weeks after surgery, and most patients can return to work after two weeks.
Step two : Discovering Your Purpose
Most patients see the semi-final result of their surgery after three months. At this time, the swelling of the nose is largely dormant, but the full result of the deformity of the nose is visible after one year of surgery.
The result of nose rhinoplasty is permanent, except for changes that may occur with age.
Ermateb is a facilitator in the medical tourism industry. One of the important goals of this company is to provide the best medical services with the highest quality. In this Group, we consider the commitment and responsibility for the welfare and comfort of patients as a turning point to provide the best services in the field of medical tourism, and we are committed to this covenant.